Tuesday 9 April 2013

Millennium Development Goals

5 April 2013 marked 1000 days to the 2015 deadline for the Millennium Development Goals, the most successful global anti-poverty project in history.

The target of halving the proportion of people who live on less than $1.25 a day was met five years ahead of schedule.

However, given the projection that in 2015 almost one billion people will still be living on this amount, there is a lot more work to be done.

That's why I'm going to Live Below the Line for 5 days from 29 April - to try and illustrate what this means in practical terms and to raise funds for Oxfam.

So far I've had two generous supporters, but I'm a long way off my £250 target.  Please consider giving as much as you can afford.

You can follow my progress and donate here.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment