Sunday 30 March 2008

Local Heroes

The Observer outstanding ethical achievement award was given to Leona Williamson, of St Werburgh's City Farm cafe. In all the 16 years I have lived in Bristol I have never visited St Werburgh's City Farm. Perhaps the main reason is that we we have our own excellent city farm here in Bedminster, Windmill Hill City Farm. When the girls were little I spent hours and hours down there looking at the animals, painting in the play centre and bouncing in the rumpus room. It is now the location of our much neglected allotment.

However I am now tempted to venture to St Werburghs and see what all the fuss is about. I promise to let you know when I do.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, we'll have to go together! I've been to SWCF to scratch the pigs, but not since the cafe re-opened. Hannah and Felix have mentioned how good it is now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Blue Hands
    You're on.
    I'm on holiday for a fortnight from Friday and haven't anything planned so you can pick a day.

    ReplyDelete