Monday 7 May 2012

Sourdough Baguette


Today I decided to bake my sourdough in a different shape.  Many years ago I invested in a baguette tray but I don't recall ever having used it - until this afternoon.

I was very pleased with the result.  Hugh's recipe made two baguettes, which rose impressively and baked to a pale golden crust. The perforations on the tray gave them the authentic French look.  They did burst apart in a couple of places, is probably due to my slashes not being deep enough.  I'm going to remedy this by buying a artist's scalpel which I hope will make all the difference.

This, and some of my recent photos, are taken using my newly acquired Instagram app.  I'm enjoying trying out the various filters.  I don't have a very fancy camera, so I need all the help I can get.

3 comments:

  1. That looks yummy! I keep meaning to get round to trying sourdough bread...I really must do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's simple enough, but requires time to rise and prove. These loaves took 24 hours from start to finish. It's apparently what gives them their unique flavour.

    Give it a go and remember to let me know how you get on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great Gai!

    I've still got the link you shared before & have just looked at it again, I'm definitely going to try it...

    We love sourdough, but it costs nearly £3 for a decent ready made loaf!

    Kay :)

    ReplyDelete