Tuesday 6 January 2015

The Year in Books


I have joined Circle of Pine Trees' A Year in Books project.  This is a virtual reading group in which members choose their own book of the month and post a brief review of it for others to share.  There is also a plan for everyone to read the same book one month.  Pop over forLaura's far more coherent explanation here.

Anyway, I have chosen We are all Completely Beside Ourselves by Karen Joy Fowler for January, or rather it was chosen for me by my husband who included it in my Christmas stocking.  It's my first of her books and I'm looking forward to reading a new author.

10 comments:

  1. I have not read this yet but it is in my wish list. Apparently it is good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let you know. And thanks for popping over!

      Delete
  2. I am about 70% of the way through this book, we read it at our book club and I personally am not very impressed but several other members loved it Would love to hear your view.
    Caz xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life is busy at the moment so I'm making slow progress. However so far I'm enjoying it.

      Delete
  3. I have this one sitting patiently on the bookshelf so I hope you enjoy reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the cover! Look forward to hearing if you enjoyed it :)
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did but I won't be rushing to read another.

      Delete
  5. I read this last year and I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you did, and so did I, to a point. But it never really grabbed me.

      Delete