Monday 23 July 2012

Summer Holiday To Do List

I love holidays.  One of the joys of working in a school is the long summer break - a full 6 weeks this year.  Yeah!  I am, however, prone to frittering away these precious hours so, in order to make the most of every last minute I have devised a list of things I would like to do:
  1. Eat a bacon butty at Brunel's Buttery
  2. Have a drink at The Grain Barge
  3. Have a curry at The Old Bookshop
  4. Visit Bristol Zoo
  5. Take a day trip to Bath to visit the Holborne Museum
  6. Take a day trip to London to view the Grayson Perry tapestries at the Victoria Miro gallery
  7. Walk the Bristol to Bath cycle path
  8. Visit M Shed
  9. Take a picnic to the Balloon Fiesta Nightglow
  10. Visit the Harbour Festival
  11. Visit Tyntesfield
  12. Visit Ikea to kit my daughter out for her next year and eat meatballs
  13. Bake scones for a cream tea
  14. Visit the American Museum
  15. Fill my South West Reading Passport with one book from each of the continents.
  16. Make a pizza
  17. Paint my toenails
  18. Picnic on Brandon Hill
  19. Visit the Arnos Vale Cemetery
  20. Bake a foccacia 
  21. Have a barbecue
  22. Make homemade lemonade
  23. Release a book!
  24. Start another sourdough mixture
  25. Catch a live performance in the Colston Hall foyer or at No 1 Harbourside.
I shall strike them through as I do them, so that you can see how I'm progressing.

2 comments:

  1. We have a list of things to do this summer too. For my little ones, the NT list of 50 things to do before you're 11 3/4 is a good starting point, though your list appeals to me far more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I enjoyed children's activities I'm glad that my girls have reached an age where they can join me in adult pastimes, such as visiting art galleries, seeing adult films and sitting through concerts.

    I checked out the NT list and am pleased to see that my girls must have done at least half of them before they were 11 3/4.

    ReplyDelete