Sunday 16 January 2011

No Impact Week - Day 7 - Giving Back

I've taken stock of the ways in which I 'give back' to my community. These include working for the public sector, through regular monthly giving to charity to being involved in the work of voluntary organisations.

I consider myself to be a very fortunate person and feel compelled to donate at least some of my resources to make this world a better place for everyone to live in. Even so I am still rewarded with the satisfaction I feel and the friendships I make. There are a lot of generous people out there and it's a privilege being associated with them.

Today I feel grateful for:
The weekend
The prospect of a reunion of college friends next month
Dinner cooked for me by my husband
A good film on the telly
A text from a work mate

The photo's one of me taken at a Climate Change Demonstration in London last year. We travelled up from Bristol in a couple of coaches and met up with an old friend. It was a lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment