Sunday 27 January 2013

New Friends

Since the beginning of the year I have been attending a Quaker meeting.

I like the silence
I like listening to what people feel moved to say during the meeting
I like the opportunity to share thoughts after the meeting is over
I like the emphasis on spiritual experience rather than adherence to particular doctrines
I like the openness to other beliefs
I like the commitment to peace and justice
I like the people

It's early days, but I think I may have found what I've been looking for for some time now.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I think they tick the same boxes for me too (thanks for your lead)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am glad you've found some kindred spirits. A neighbour of mine said the same. He's from a Catholic background but found he liked the simplicity and peacefulness.

    Hope it continues to work for you.

    It's back to your post about taking time to make sense of the world and our place in it.

    Bests d

    ReplyDelete